Just in Case
Get your important documents organized
Make sure your family members have necessary information at hand if something should happen to you. We've put together this list of key financial documents you should have on hand:
- List of important accounts and other pertinent information – This should include bank account numbers, life insurance certificate numbers, car titles, deeds, etc.
- Will – This can designate what happens to your property or dependents after your death.
- Advance directive – These documents allow you to specify what kind of health care you want to receive in case you are unable to make decisions at the time care is needed.
- Power of attorney – This document allows you to appoint someone to take care of your financial affairs when you are unable to do so.
- Funeral arrangement instructions – Specify what you’d like your funeral services to entail. This information can make your survivors’ trip to the funeral home simple and quick instead of an emotional day with many decisions to make.
Ready to get organized? Review our complete financial information checklist.