Creating Your Own Business
What you need to start the business of your dreams
There are few things more exciting and frightening than starting your own business. Check out the link below to learn more about the bases you need to cover to start the business of your dreams. But first, consider these tips:
- Start with a plan – Know exactly what you want your business to be. Have a vision and a business plan. This will help you make the many decisions relating to setting up your business.
- Look for mentors – Other people in the business community can help you as you start your business. Check with the chamber of commerce in your area to see if they offer networking events.
- Apply for grant money or low-interest loans – There are funding opportunities for someone starting a small business. Check out the Small Business Association’s Web site to get started.
- Get life insurance – As a small business owner, it’s important to be properly insured.
- Use technology – Social networking sites like Facebook.com, Linkedin.com or Myspace.com may offer opportunities to create your own profile to help generate buzz about what you do.
Starting a business?
Learn more about the financial aspects of starting your own business.